We're celebrating National Meatball Day today! You can celebrate at home while having to think of one less dinner idea. Here are some fun and easy meatball dishes you can make to celebrate this great holiday to the fullest! Plus there is a meatball for everyone, from classic beef and pork, to calorie conscious chicken and super healthy vegetarian.
Vegetarian Italian Wedding Soup
This recipe is courtesy of the chefs from Between the Eats, a fun online cooking show.
- 1 qt. vegetable stock
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 carrots , chopped
- 12 GRÖNSAKSBULLAR, vegetable balls
- A handful of spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Heat vegetable stock in a stock pot.
- Add garlic, onion, and carrots.
- Cook until softened.
- Add frozen vegetable balls and cook 15-20 minutes until heated through.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a soup bowl, and add a handful of spinach.
- Top with fresh grated parmesan cheese and serve hot!
Classic Parmesan Meatball Sandwiches
An easy classic that everyone is sure to love. We know we do!
- Place chicken meatballs and marinara sauce in crock pot to heat or in oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve heated meatballs and sauce on sandwich rolls, topped with Parmesan cheese. Make fun “monster” sandwiches for the kids by garnishing with olives or tomatoes!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Perfect if you are planning a party to celebrate National Meatball Day!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine wing sauce and chicken meatballs in a baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut off root end of celery and cut larger pieces in half length-wise to form a skewer.
- Slide a meatball, piece of blue cheese and a 2nd meatball on to the celery piece.
Dig in! Share your favorite meatball recipes in the comments. We'd love to hear them!